الاثنين، 24 فبراير 2014

Are You Living in Hope?



Are You Living in Hope?

The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for. And the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof - Barbara Kingsolver
Hope is Your Friend
Hope is like a great friend who will help you live joyously; hope will never leave your side unless you decide to give up on him. When I think about life without hope it seems pretty bleak. When I imagine my life without all of the wonderful things I hope will exist in my life at some point in the future, it feels kind of empty, even though I am truly thankful for all I have right now.
But He Ain't Necessarily Always Ya Mate!
I have also found that hoping things will happen, to be quite paralysing. Almost as if hope is my last resort, that things are now out of my control. I see hope as similar to a dream, a dream about the future. Dreams are important because they allow us to imagine what's possible but they can also have the opposite effect. With statements such as I hope to meet the women of my dreams, I hope my business is a success, I hope something will work out for me. More often than not, it seems to me that when you hope for something to happen you're actually reinforcing the belief that you're not capable of creating that in your life.
Live Inside Your Hope...
There is a space for hope however! As Barbara's quote says "the most you can do is live inside that hope. Not admire it from a distance but live right in it, under its roof". When you live inside of hope it is with you now, and for me almost evolves to become something different, more like a knowing or trust. Hope doesn't have the answers when it's somewhere out in front of you. You have the answers when hope resides inside of you.
Hope is NOT a Strategy for Happiness...Success or Freedom!
I have noticed over the last few weeks, because things haven't been going to plan (do they ever!?), I have heard my self say things such as "I hope something happens soon", or "I hope this all works out". It is almost like I've put my happiness and success in the hands of hope. Hope isn't mine or your solution. There is only one way I will find out what works in my life, and that's by getting stuck in and giving it a go. If what I've done up to now hasn't got me the results I want, either emotionally, physically or spiritually, then it's time to find another way of doing things.
What is it Time You Stopped Doing?
The same goes for you. If you're living your life hoping certain things will happen, and experiencing the results you want. I am wondering...when you think about where hope is in your life.
1. What is it time you stopped hoping might happen and actually started making happen?
2. What are some of the ways in which you can approach your life differently to get the results you want to see and experience?
3. How can you implement these new ways into your life during the days weeks and months to come?
Allow yourself the space and the respect to take 10 minutes or whatever you need to ponder that question. Sit quietly and peacefully in a place where you won't be disturbed. Within that space, if you give yourself long enough you will find the inspiration to know what to do, when you do...I suggest you DO IT!
If you would like to discover and discuss more ideas about your success please visit http://www.deliveryourpromise.com for more ideas.
Jamie is passionate about helping people to be their best and do stuff that truly matters! He helps ambitious people who want to make it count create their empires from the inside out. Jamie teaches the mindset needed to live life to the full, bring big ideas to life and do stuff that really matters. He assists people to get really clear about what's truly important in their lives and in their businesses, so that they don't wake up in 30 years thinking they've blown it! Find out more about him here http://www.deliveryourpromise.com/about-dyp

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق