الأربعاء، 9 أبريل 2014

Hope! It's More Important Than You Think



Hope! It's More Important Than You Think

Expert Author Trina Hayes
I knew I was going to write about HOPE when I woke up this morning. I didn't know what it looked like, but I knew it was going to be about HOPE. Well, amazing how God works, isn't it? Today was my day to have lunch and hang out with my daughter and meet up with a few friends in Venice, Florida. Angie and I had a great time and then we went to visit a friend who will next week celebrate six years in recovery from alcoholism. I am so proud of her. What a pleasure to spend the afternoon with her, curled up on her couch eating potato chips in the middle of the afternoon. Did I just say that? Of course, she was waiting at the front window when we arrived and welcomed us with open arms. As soon as she closed the front door, there behind the door on the wall was a plaque with this quote.
"All of our HOPES and dreams are within reach, if only we believe" Anonymous
This is how my life works. I put it out there and God shows up, in so many different ways. For me, I took this as confirmation about my decision to write about HOPE. When I shared with Lynda about the decision to write about HOPE, she immediately recounted a story from her childhood that stood out in her mind. That is, when she was growing up her mother would say over and over again: "As long as there is life, there is hope." Lynda has recalled that saying many times over her life and on her way to sobriety. Now, she lives by it.
I couldn't help but think about a letter of gratitude that Angie wrote to me as a Christmas present the first year into her recovery. "You are my wings, you help me fly. You are my mother, my guide, and most importantly, my friend. You have supported me during the worst times of my life. You stuck by me through the thick and the thin. When there was no one left, there was you... still holding onto one little itty bitty piece of HOPE that maybe I could make it, and that little piece of HOPE did wonders for me." It brings a tear of joy to my eye as I read this. She knew that I held on to HOPE and that made all the difference. I never gave up HOPE, even when I could no longer pray. Even in my darkest days that I did not know how our lives were going to turn out. I NEVER gave up HOPE.
Anyone and everyone reading this article, please, please, please do not ever give up HOPE, that is for yourself or for others. You have no idea when a person may recall your words, your prayers, your attitude or your way. It may be the only thing they have when times are dark and they don't know where to turn. By you holding that space of HOPE, it just may be what another person needs to turn a corner, to make a decision to get out of the way of their own negative thinking, to realize that they have choices to live a happier, healthier life.
"Faith, HOPE and love and the greatest of these is love." Interesting isn't it? The sequence of these words used by the apostle Paul in Corinthians. Faith, what is faith? Is it necessary that we all have the same definition or is it okay to accept your own definition and allow others to define faith in what works for them. Then, HOPE, really, once again, is it necessary to have a judgment towards what you or anyone else believes HOPE to be and then LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. My interpretation, which is merely my interpretation from my own lived experiences is this: with a little faith, you can have hope to live a life filled with love, love, love.
Trina Hayes
Hopeologist
Author/Reader, Speaker/Listener, Teacher/Student
http://trinahayes.com
I consider myself to be a storyteller and and storywriter. I believe in the power of HOPE. I write, speak and share about hope and healing through abuse, dysfunctional relationships and the impact of involvement with addicts, addiction and addictive behavior. I invite you read my my articles about hope, healing, addiction, abuse, relationships, wholeness, forgiveness, learning to let go, listening, choices, secrets, shame, guilt, pain, trust, thoughts, happiness, faith, awareness, embracing your journey and becoming a thrivor.
Please feel free to contact me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/hopeologist
With love, light and HOPE
Trina

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق